baby room decorating ideas – There are many baby room decorating ideas on a budget that can save you money and still still create a warm and inviting nursery to bring your baby home to. From baby furniture, bedding and decor, there are many simple things you can do to decorate your baby room without braking the bank. We made a list of smart and cost effective ways to get your baby room ready.
There are several ways you could save money on furniture for your nursery. Shop at resale baby stores, garage sales or charity store to find a pre-loved baby crib or furniture. Vintage cribs and furniture are back into vogue, but before you buy a pre-loved crib, make sure that it meets crib safety standards and that it is in a good condition. If you are looking at buying older style furniture, be careful of anything made before 1978 as they may of been painted with lead paint. Use a family heirloom.
If your mum is anything like mine, she will have your baby crib stored in the garage or attic, so why not consider using it for your baby? You may want to refinish the crib and give it a new look to suit your baby room. Search the internet. There are plenty of quality cribs and baby room furniture pieces available to suit any baby room, prices for cribs start from as low as $100. Buy a furniture collection. Purchase a crib, crib mattress, change table, cradle, high chair and rocking chair in a packaged deal to save money. Invest in a convertible crib or change table.
It might be worth while to invest a little more money, and to buy a convertible crib or change table that can be used through your child’s toddler and teen years. It will save you money in the long run as you won’t have to buy your child a new bed as he or she grows and the change table can be used as a dresser in the child’s room.
You can achieve a decorator look by choosing coordinated colors and fabrics, whether you choose to go modern, classic, a theme or have chosen your own color or style there are little things you can do to save you some money.
Painting the walls is one of the most cost effective way to decorate a room, especially if you can do it yourself or have a handy family member who can help you out. Look in discount paint stores or search for discontinued color lines that suit your baby room.
- Use a neutral color to get maximum benefit that will grow with your child for years to come. You will still be able to personalise the room, just by changing minor details and colors in the decor.
- Make the painted wall a part of your decor by painting vertical or horizontal stripes in different colors.
- Removable wall stickers are great to add a theme or color in a room, wall stickers a inexpensive and you can remove and update them as your child grows.
- Wallpaper borders are, like wall stickers great to add a theme or color in a room and are very cost effective. You will find borders in all sort of patterns and colors, try to match it to your crib bedding set, or curtains in the room.
The floors in your baby room can be a big expense, carpet is a great choice if you can find a good deal, but if your budget doesn’t stretch that far, then area rugs are a great alternative. There are many stores that sell affordable rugs in different colors and styles. Not only will a rug give the room a great feel, they are also easy to replace when your child gets older.
Curtains are often a big feature in a room, but also an expensive one. If you know your way around a sewing machine, you could make your own, or get a family member or friend to help you out, but there are also some ready made cost effective options for you to choose from.
- If you have existing curtains or blinds in the baby room, you might want to consider keeping these and decorate your curtains with curtain tiebacks.
- If you do want to buy new curtains, consider buying plain curtains to suit the room and complement these curtains with a valance suiting your chosen decor or theme.
- Search the internet, there are plenty of online stores that sell discount curtains and valances in different colors, patterns and themes.
There are many stores such as Walmart, Kmart and Target to just name a few that offer discount baby bedding at affordable prices. Of course, there are plenty of places online where you will find discount bedding sets and free shipping to suit any budget.
Create extra storage by using baskets to store items in. Baskets will look great, are a cost effective way to store stuff and make it easy for you to grab anything out of when you are on the go.
There are many ways to decorate the walls, beside wall stencils or stickers, there are little artworks you can create yourself, adding a personal touch to your baby room.
- If you are a little bit creative, then go to your local discount art store, they sell canvas prints with floral or animal characters which you can color in yourself with paint to suits your baby room decor.
- Old photo’s are another great way to decorate your baby room, get them printed on a canvas or enlarge them en print them in black and white and hang them up in a colorful frame.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways you can create a warm and inviting baby room for your baby with these baby room decorating ideas on a budget.